February 11, 2011

Travel: From One Earthquake to Another... Part 4

With just 35 days left in Haiti and 42 days until I'm back home, the excitement is growing. As my friend Shreedeep mentioned, it's almost time to return home and catch the World Cup matches live.

A few days ago, we were discussing our plans to return to India and rejoin our families. But the question remains: what will we do there? Finding a job that pays even half of what we earn here is a challenge, and it would likely mean moving out of Ahmedabad. While similar jobs might be available in cities like Delhi, the living expenses there are significantly higher. The other option is to start our own business. Our minds are brimming with ideas, some of which are quite promising and fill us with enthusiasm. Today, I'd like to share one of these ideas that has us – me, Shreedeep, and Kamlesh (our third Ahmedabad friend who is currently working with another organization in Haiti) – very excited.

My dream is to open a fast-food restaurant in Ahmedabad. This unique concept would offer our favourite dishes to our customers. Imagine a place where you can find my favourite pani puri (a combination of puffed rice and spicy water), Kamlesh's favourite vada (a savoury fritter), and Shreedeep's favourite variety of chaat (savoury snacks) – all under one roof. If this venture proves successful, we plan to expand to 10-12 locations across Ahmedabad. We are committed to providing high-quality food with exceptional taste, keeping our focus on customer satisfaction rather than solely on profit. And I'm certain that my two friends, like me, will be more than happy to treat our family, friends, and neighbours to free meals whenever they visit.

So, this is just one of the ideas we've been tossing around as friends lately...

... Oh, and today Kamlesh prepared a delicious "Vegetable-Jaipuri" dish. It's been five months since I've had such a satisfying and comforting meal. I'm filled with joy and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment