March 21, 2010

Unexpected Hurdles on the Road to Afghanistan

My trip to the Afghan embassy threw a curveball into my plans. The visa application process had changed! Gone were the days of same-day visas. Now, they required all certificates in color copies alongside the originals for verification, and processing times had increased to five working days.

Disappointed but determined, I realized getting home to collect the additional documents would eat up valuable time, pushing me past the application deadline. With a revised plan, I decided to head straight to IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) to pick up the application form for my MSW course.

On the way, a sign for another establishment caught my eye. Humorously, I considered it as an alternative route to obtaining my Afghan visa! (Insert laughter emoji here)

The next morning, armed with all the necessary documents, I resubmitted my application. Three working days later, and thanks to a little help from Hanumanji (the Hindu god associated with perseverance and overcoming obstacles), I finally had my Afghan visa in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment