December 28, 2010

Waiting for a perfect man!

Waiting . . .
Waiting . . .
Waiting . . .
Waiting for my great love
Waiting for the perfect man
Waiting for Mr. Right
Waiting . . .
Waiting to get married



A Poem by Faith Wilding
(Click here to read complete poem)

He he he heh I find it quite funny when reading this poem. I can hardly say it’s neither wrong nor right, but we can’t deny it, seriously, yet it seems like facts.

While reading the poem, it reminded me about few people I came to know – professionally or personally. Being as community worker, I met many women who were educated, good looking and had reasonable family backgrounds but still single. Often I found them depressed for aging quickly and due to not being approached by a suitable person to get married with.
 
Talking about these women waiting for perfect guy, I can stare at this picture for soooo long time…..

You know, it's like these women are talking to themselves, "Just wait till you become a skeleton and you still won't ever found him." Yeah that's true, we can't find someone perfect, MOREOVER, A MAN, hahaha..

After interacting with many of them, I realized that most of them are single not because they were never approached by anyone but due to the fact that they are not ready to marry someone who was not fulfilling the criteria of a “perfect man”.  

One of my women friend’s status in social networking site showed me :
An ideal guy is.. 
not smoking,
not drinking,
not lying,
not gambling,
not cheating,
and not EXIST! :p

And my friend commented “Are we perfect to expect “Perfect man” and wait for them? " 

Than I commented “It sounds good anyway, imperfect + imperfect = perfect couple. :D”

The way I understood it, this is the check list which an urban girl (especially the one who has done her higher studies – minimum masters) follows following variables while saying yes to a man. Importance of the mentioned variables is according to the assigned weights.

  • Financial stability (70%)
    • Salary
    • Job/Position
  • Vehicle which he drives (10%)
  • Education (10%)
  • Looks (7%)
    • Height
    • Complexion
  • Family obligations (3%)
    • Groom’s brother and sisters still unmarried
In the above mentioned variables assigned weights might vary from person to person but most of the urban women appear to give primary importance to financial stability. Same trend seems to be popular in males also where men practically define a good family as the one which can raise or match status of the groom and can offer financial support and assistance.

With reference to the above mentioned observations please answer to the following:

Should it be considered “greedy” to look for a person who is financially sound or is it a “realistic approach” to life considering rising cost of living or is it our laziness that we want to join the achievers but do not want to share someone’s struggle?

I know and understand that there are many more things to make it complex - but i think we need to be simple to deal with complex thing. To some of my friends i advise rudely by saying that go and discuss this with your parents and follow their advise. I know they don't like it ... but

Life is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment